Druckansicht der Internetadresse:

Bayreuth Summer University for Intercultural German Studies

Print page

Service | FAQ

More questions? Click here to go to FAQ.

Course Office - Contact Person Hide

During your entire stay, you will be supported by our course office team.

We will meet you on arrival day and take you to your accommodation. We will also gladly answer your questions afterwards and assist you with any problems you may have. 

The summer university team is available from Monday till Friday from 8:00am to 4:00pm. The course office is located on campus in the building GW I, room S 90.

In the event of problems you may call us any time: 

00 49 - (0)921 - 79 31 95 21 (office)
00 49 - (0)1575 - 66 12 753 (mobile)

Insurance Hide

For your stay in Germany, you must have valid health and liability insurance! The Summer University is unable to cover the costs in the event of illness or damage. Please make sure to have valid overseas health and liability insurance before starting your travels. You can also take out these insurances with your course registration.

You can find more information about this health insurance protection on the homepage of our partner MAWISTA.

To cover the risk, that you may not be able to take part in the summer university because of visa problems or for any other reasons, we recommend to take out travel cancellation ensurance as well.


If you need a visa for entry into Germany, you will have to apply for it well in advance (list of countries requiring visa). For the duration of the summer university, you may enter Germany with a tourist visa. If you are planning a longer period for attending language courses or studying, it is necessary to have a visa for study purposes. Please obtain information regarding these visa issues from your German embassy or consulate.

As soon as we receive payment of your course fees, we will send you (against mailing expenses) a document confirming your attendance which you can submit to your embassy or consulate.

Grants Hide

The Bayreuth Summer University cannot award grants. We co-operate with the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), BAYHOST and the BTHA. For more information click here (and scroll down).

Internet Access Hide

In order to use wifi on the campus you have to bring your own device. In student dormitory rooms, you will be able to access the internet via your own laptop/notebook. In order to do this you will require an Ethernet (LAN) cable, which you can either bring with you or purchase in Bayreuth.

Bus Pass Hide

You can purchase a monthly pass for the city of Bayreuth at the central bus station, allowing you to use all city buses.

Library Hide

Due to the pandemic situation, only regular students of the University of Bayreuth can currently use the university library including the periodical reading hall. We are sorry, but you cannot borrow books.

Music Practice Rooms Hide

For the participants of the specialised course music there are music rooms with pianos, where you can practice undisturbed. 

Information Session about Studying in Germany Hide

Would you like to study in Germany? In a special information session staff members of the International Office and the Student Advisary Service of the University of Bayreuth will give you all the important information about studying in Germany and will answer your questions.

Sports Hide

We offer a free sports programme for all summer uni participants. Additionally, there is a swimming pool next to the campus, which is available at a reduced student charge.

Webmaster: Filiz Durak

Facebook Twitter Youtube-Kanal Instagram UBT-A Contact